Saturday, August 21, 2010

Who me?


I know I said "the end" yesterday, but I have had another day to close up shop. After dinner tonight, this deer appears ready for mass at the Catholic chapel. It's friend grazed contentedly nearby. There were four more (2 does, each with fawn) at the Protestant chapel - either the deer are getting holier or we're getting less threatening in the late season.
After very moderately attended services tonight, it was time to "drain the machines" at the snack bar, always a hit with remaining staff. One discovers there are a few more around than one thought!
The road home beckons. I am thankful for both my point of departure and my destination. Thanks to all of you who have given these lines a read - I hope you've discovered something about the chaplaincy at Philmont. In writing, I have only deepened my love for this place, and for the God who made it.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have truly soaked up the Philmont experience and had a blast doing it! Have safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete