Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Colleagues


Jim DeLair of Buffalo, NY, is my fellow Protestant chaplain, along with four Catholic and a Latter Day Saints. The collegiality among the team is exceptional, and shows a real ecumenical spirit. Yes, we do our individual services, but we are chaplains for the whole ranch, in peak time about 4500.
The days are shortening in length and in number. The cool of the evening comes more quickly. This evening, I had an errand in town, and saw dozens of pronghorns (they're not antelopes, technically), the buffalo herd,
I got to go to Sawmill camp today, one of the places I hiked to in '95. It's at 9280 ft, which is 4,000 ft higher than Denver, the "mile high" city. The five staff we brought in (gathered) were reluctant for the season to close, and as with most, are making plans to return.
As I go to Cypher's Mine tomorrow, I'll miss their locally world famous "stomp," with fiddle, banjo, etc., and a dance whose steps are, well, more of a "stomp!"

No comments:

Post a Comment