Sunday, August 15, 2010

Coneflowers and buterflies


I've saved this one for a slow day. Baldy Town is a barren old mining town, but just down the hill, a narrow (2') creek runs, generating absolutely lush vegetation. There are lots of coneflowers here and elsewhere, but each one of these three had its own butterfly. Maybe it's by contract...
I wasn't quick enough to photograph 18-20 turkeys, adults and young turkeling (they don't exactly trundle) their way back into the brush. The antelope were fairly close to the road today - they seem fearless, until one steps out of one's car.
I got to a new-to-me camp to bring three staff members down today, 'tis time for college schedules to kick in. Almost everyone can do with reduced staff now, as the census of trekkers is lower. I am continually impressed with the quality of people that work in this place, over 1,000 seasonal staff. Almost all, like me, want to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment